Saturday, July 7, 2012

12 Tags of 2012 - July

Tim challenged us to play with our alcohol inks in this month's 12 Tags and I finally have time to join in!

As we don't celebrate 4th of July in Australia, I chose some bright colours that would help me feel warm in all this cold.  Also, I didn't have any canned air so I had to improvise there too.   I chose to use a straw to blow the ink around.  I am happy with the way it turned out.  I turned the tag each time applied ink to ensure that I was blowing in the direction I wanted it to splatter.  This is such a quick way to make a cool, colourful background!

Finally, I applied my stamps using Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black, added my embellishments and tied on my ribbon.  Easy and fun!

Some of the close up details:  As you can see here, I inked the edges of the glossy card stock with some Tea Dye Distress Ink
This addition of a chunky embellishment like a key is new to me.  I have tried it a couple of times now and have determined that I need more of this style of embellishment with new ways to attach them!  Watch out wallet :0)
I hope you liked my take on Tim Holtz's July tag.  Thank you for looking and I will get back into posting after we have moved!

xoxo

Kim

3 comments:

  1. Great tag! The colors are great. I am now out of canned air, so I will try using a straw for the next one. Good luck with your move.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Tim tag using alcohol inks looks amazing! I love it! Thank you so very much for the nice comment about my layered piece. I am just getting back from almost a week in New York City. Oh my gosh…just trying to get caught up on blogging…I feel like I’ve missed out on so much in blog land! Thank you again!!! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment about the Andy Skinner techniques Halloween coffin. That guy is amazing! I'm so glad that you're taking his class. You will be amazed at what you can do with acrylic paint!!!
    <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete